Residential garage doors keep out the elements and provide additional security. But if your garage door seals are cracked or broken, they can make your garage feel less secure and more humid.Here, we examine the garage door seal replacement process to help keep your home comfortable and secure.
What Is Garage Door Seal Replacement?
Garage door seal replacements is the process of replacing your garage door seals. Your garage door seals are the rubber or metal strips that run between the door and frame, and they provide an essential barrier between the elements outside and your garage.
Garage door seals can become worn or damaged over time. When this happens, water can seep into your garage floor and cause damage to your belongings. This is especially true if you live in a rainy climate or an area with extreme temperatures.
Replacing worn or damaged garage door seals is a relatively simple process that you can complete using basic DIY skills in just a few hours. You may require the supervision of a professional for more complicated jobs.
Garage Door Rubber Seal Replacement: Step-by-Step Guide
Garage door seal replacement is a straightforward process and involves removing the old seal and replacing it with a new one:
1. Remove the old seal from the door by prying up on its edge with a flathead screwdriver until it pops away from the track.
2. Take off any screws to secure the rubber weather seals to the door frame or walls, then pull out the old weather stripping.
3. Before completing the garage door seal replacements, clean off any debris from around where you’ll be installing the new seal, then apply a bead of silicone caulk along one side of the new weather strip before pressing it down into place and securing it with screws or nails (depending on what type of door frame you have).
4. Press down firmly on both sides of the new seal with your hands until they’re fully seated, then wipe away any excess caulk with a damp rag before letting everything dry overnight.
Advantages of Garage Door Seal Replacement
Here are some advantages of garage door seal replacement:
- It helps keep you safe from harmful elements
- It helps prevent leaks from entering your home.
- Helps reduce energy costs/garage floor energy efficiency
- Helps maintain a clean appearance both inside and outside of the home
Replace Your Garage Door Steel, Rubber, or Vinyl Seal with Raynor Garage Doors!
Do you have a garage door in canada. Have you noticed that your rubber or vinyl seal is starting to flake and crack? Maybe it has even fallen off entirely. If so, don’t worry! We’ve got your back.
We know how important it is to keep your garage door in good working order with garage door seal replacement. We’ve compiled a list of professional garage door dealers that can replace your rubber or vinyl seal.